Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Another Bus Adventure

Today was another fun bus trip. This time, Sophie and I went to Walmart. It’s a half hour trip, and then the next bus comes an hour after we get there so the whole trip took about two hours. Man, Sophie loves the bus so much. I guess when we travel in a car she has to sit in the back seat, strapped in by her self. On the bus I (her one true buddy) sat right next to her, and I let her stand and lean on the window so I guess I can understand why she loves it so much. Also, she is always the only kid on the bus so all the adults smile and coo at her.

The one annoying part was that Sophie only really likes to shop for a maximum of 30 minutes, even when we play games like ramming the cart into the clothes racks so she is swamped in coats, or running really fast up and down the aisles. So, we finished our shopping and then had about half an hour to wait for the bus. We spent it in the little arcade, spending Sophie’s college money on motorcycle games. That took about 2 minutes. No, actually we just moved from one of those quarter operated cars to the other so Soapy could pretend to drive them. We didn’t put any money in, but we did polish it very well with Soapy’s bum. (Note: Soapy is learning her body parts. So far she knows head, nose, teeth and feet. I will teach her bum tomorrow.)

Anyway, it was a long thirty minutes for me but the whole trip rocked Sophie’s world. She was so happy. When we got home, I put on Katie J.’s blog so I could listen to some happy dancing music as I made dinner and Sophie put up her hands and wanted to dance. So we had a dance party for a few minutes. I don’t mean to be rude but that kid needs to learn some new moves. And by the way, holding hands, walking in a circle and falling down does NOT work for every song. Sheesh.

4 comments:

Kathy Haynie said...

Hooray for bus trips. Although I am a little nervous about the citizenship skills you are teaching dear little Soapy. Ramming shopping carts into clothes racks? Running amok down the grocery aisles. Hmmm...we may have to rethink this whole "hurry up and come to Portland" concept while we see how you Nebraskans are behaving!

Lisa Lou said...

I love this post! I can't wait to teach Sophia some new dance moves. I vote for a video of a dance party. Because, what come before part B? PART-AAAYYY!!!

Katie Lewis said...

Haha. I love the picture this paints of you and the Soapster hanging out together all day every day. What a fun mom you are! Especially considering that you have the energy to run up and down isles while you're pregnant! I am very impressed. Also, I am really excited to give you guys your Christmas presents. :)

Bridget said...

I like KatieJ's blog music, too.

I hope Sophia knows what a fun mom you are.