Saturday, November 7, 2009

Blog Music Playlists

1. I feel a bit bad about Thursday's post about my snobbery, like maybe I was too mean. I blame you, my readers, for my sadness. Becky R. was the only one who challenged my dumb snobbery. I know some of you must like turtlenecks, or skipping, or Nicholas Sparks. But you didn't say anything. Now I feel like you are being quietly brave and strong despite my jerkiness. I exhort you to feel free to tell me I have bad taste. After all, there are plenty of things I like that are pretty lame. Which brings me to the subject of my blog tonight: Blog Playlists

2. The real blog post begins now:

I know, blog playlists are not always cool. They are downright freaky if you aren't expecting them, and I never am. You are looking at some cute baby pictures and then all the sudden, blasting out of your speakers is "IF YOU LIKE IT THEN YOU SHOULD HAVE PUT A RING ON IT!"

Still, I have to admit, I have started liking Blog Playlists. I feel like it gives me a little window into the writer that I would see no other way. It's nice sometimes to know that as you see pictures of a boy taking his first step his parents (okay, his mom) wants you to hear this.

Also, sometimes I go to people's blogs just to listen to their playlists while I do my chores. A couple nights ago I was considering making my own playlist so I can listen to my own favorite songs all the time. I may still do this, but don't worry I would make a new blog just for that reason. I don't want to freak anyone out.

Still, I thought I would share my two current favorite songs with you. They are both by Sondre Lerche. If I ever do end up making a Playlist Blog I will definitely let you know.




2 comments:

Katie Lewis said...

I am with you on the frightening play lists, but I do like them when I remember that they're there. I think the appropriate thing to do is to have the optional play lists- the ones that you have to press the play button on for the music to start.

Katie said...

HA HA, I know that was me with the Beyonce song, and I love it!!!! I actually did a poll a few months ago to see if people preferred the auto play to the reader physically having to push play and the auto play won. So only 3 people voted, but hey, I figure they all had their chance to speak up :)