Sunday, November 8, 2009

Christmas in Nebraska

I have been thinking a lot about Christmas. I am pretty excited for it. Today I was thinking about all the gifts I want to make or give people for Christmas. I only have three planned and I have at least seventeen people to give gifts to, so I have a ways to go. Here are some of the things I am excited to do because of Christmas:

1. Put a wreath on our door

2. Put up our midget Christmas tree

3. Buy or make our new annual Christmas ornament (Chris doesn’t know we have this tradition, but we do)

4. Make cinnamon rolls and give them to neighbors and friends and the guys at Meineke who are so nice

5. Take out our Advent Candle-Holder

6. Celebrate Advent with lots and lots of treats every Sunday

7. Wrap up presents (I really love wrapping paper. It’s so wasteful and so so so pretty)

8. Listen to my favorite song: Christmas in Nebraska.

9. Drink hot chocolate

AND…

10. FIND OUT IF THIS LITTLE PARASITE INSIDE OF ME IS A BOY OR A GIRL! (We’ll have the ultrasound December 9, but we are going to have the tech write down the gender and seal it up in an envelope to be opened Christmas Morning.) I tell you what, just knowing that we will get that news on Christmas makes me think this might be the best Christmas EVER.

For your information, I am about 95% sure I was having a little boy. Also, I think he will have darker hair (brown not blond), and will be tinier than Sophie was when she was born. FYI, I was spot on about Sophie being a curly-haired, blond girl.

I even have a name picked out, but I don’t think Chris is completely on board with me about it. Even if he was, I think we will keep the name a secret for now.

5 comments:

Katie Lewis said...

Woot woot!!!!!! I am so excited for Christmas. I hope my over usage of exclamation points communicates that.

Katie Lewis said...

P.S. In my head you are having a boy.

Lisa Lou said...

I think you are having a boy too. I would like a nephew.
Also, your cinnamon rolls are the best ever.

Kathy Haynie said...

That is a very cool song. I wish we could sing it for Oregon, but it wouldn't rhyme.

We bought a new ornament every year for each child. By the time we had 8 children, that got to be a pain, but the goal was for each child to have their own full box of ornaments by the time they grew up and moved away. I think it was a good tradition. I made sure to label every ornament with a little tag that had the child's name and the year--that was a pain, too, but worth it.

Merry Christmas! I'm going to do a bunch of Christmas shopping this Wednesday (Veteran's Day, so we have a day off) because I have to have all of that done early so I can go to Rexburg for David (Mayer)'s college graduation on Dec. 18.

ali said...

i've always thought it will be a boy. super excited!!