Friday, November 13, 2009

Riddles

Ugh. So. Tired. Of. Posting.

When I was a junior in high school I went through a period where I was obsessed with riddles. I would go to the library and read about riddles, and then read about the riddlers, which was pretty interesting. I memorized a bunch of riddles in order to dazzle my audience in case I was ever in a situation requiring a riddle. Surprisingly, that situation never came up until tonight when I needed something to write for a blog post. Unfortunately I have forgotten most of the riddles.

Luckily for you, I remember one. I challenge you to give your best answer to it. It's pretty famous (the question, not the answer). The only rule is that you cannot look up the answer. NO GOOGLE. The answer must come from your own imagination or from your own knowledge. Also, I will give you half credit if you know where it's from or who wrote it.

Are you ready? Here it is:

Why is a raven like a writing desk?


Much Love,
Anna

6 comments:

Becky said...

I just got caught up. I love the story about Whistle. I didn't know you lived in Argentina, that's awesome...it really does sound like a magical place.

I feel that Nebraska is changing me in many ways...for the good...for the most part. Except for the part where we are friends and we like to drink, party and sew together.

I'm really bad with riddles. I have no idea...I don't even know what a writing table is?

Becky said...

Or a writing desk? Huh? Sorry.

Katie Lewis said...

Edgar Allen Poe wrote on both.

Lisa Lou said...

They can both be black, and I'm scared of both. Ravens because they are birds and writing desks because I spend too much time there.

Kathy Haynie said...

I couldn't figure it out...tried last night...even though I wasn't supposed to Google, I did Google "ravens" only, to see if I could learn something I didn't know that might be the answer. Was that cheating too much? But it didn't help.

I like Katie's answer. I vote for Katie.

Patricia said...

I thought about it before I looked at the other comments. I don't have a good answer, but I did associate ravens with: Edgar Allen Poe, "caw, caw"-ing all the time, eating dead animals in the street.....and I don't know what else. And I don't know how it relates to a writing desk, except that maybe, like Katie's answer, Poe wrote on both of them