Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Should I stay or should I go?

I recommend you listen to this song as you read my post.



So, here was our plan:

Chris leaves for basic training in January.

The monkey, the parasite, and I leave for Virginia in January to live with my parents.

While there, I buy a car, have a baby, and eat a lot of chicken nuggets (my mom said she would buy them for me if I came [the nugs, not the other stuff] I really like chicken nuggets.)

In June our little family would be officially reunited somewhere (I am guessing some midwestern state I have never heard of like Kanskobraska).

However, now the recruiters (by the way, these recruiters are real stinkers), have said that Chris won't start training until March. MARCH! And we won't know any dates until December 4th.

So now we are trying to decide what the best choices are for our family. Should we buy a car here after all? Should I go early so I won't have the baby on an airplane with Sophie as my only nurse? They let you fly up to 30 days before your due date. Should I just have the baby in Nebraska and call him/her Omaha WhyamIstillinNebraska Lewis?

I just wish those walnut-faced recruiters could have given us better information from the beginning. I'm not feeling very Christian towards them right now. Well, I guess I do feel like some Christians.

7 comments:

Katie Lewis said...

Man. I do not envy your situation right now. I really like when I know what's (supposedly) coming next in life. But best of luck with it all and please keep us posted on any news you may have on your plans!

Kathy Haynie said...

I think you should come live in Portland. We have chicken nuggets here, too.

Lisa Lou said...

Um. Things like that make me stressed. Sorry! I bet Sophie will make a great nurse though if you do happen to have Snaggles on the plane. If you all are going to be in VA, that makes me want to be move there!

Bryan Lewis said...

I just like to imagine people with walnut faces ruining your lives. Well, I don't LIKE to imagine that, but the image makes me chuckle.

Lisa Lou said...

Also, has Chris ever showed you "walnut chin?" I don't know who made it up, but Chris and Bryan and I use to do it all the time.

Bridget said...

Hmmm. That is tricky. So basically you can't plan anything, right? Without the dates? Yikes. Good luck with that, systa (word verification, seriously).

Patricia said...

I know, you can all move to VA sooner and Chris can work here until he has to go. That sounds good to me!