Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Blast from the past

I couldn't think what to write tonight, so I told Chris what I really wish is that I had one of my old journals from middle school in front of me so I could copy out an entry from it, but it's up in a box in our attic, and that is TOO much trouble for a blog post. Guess who immediately and cheerfully went up to go get it? All I have to say is that if marriage is a game, I won. And you are getting a journal entry.

Okay, so he didn't find the one from middle school,but here's a beauty from fifth grade.

This was in 1992.

I looked into a mirror today early in the morning and I saw a child's face of that ugly woman who is taller than her husband. Will I turn out like that? I hope not. I mean, at least let me be super plain, bu unliked, and everything, bu don't let me be kissing people all the time or giving them bear hugs that break their bones.

People say they like my hair. That's all they say. No nice hands. No nice looking face. NADA. I wonder why I got this hair? I would feel it's some thing that came from outerspace except for the tangles. They remind me of my room.
Hello, on Saturday I'm going to clean my room. I hope I will do it throughly. In other words do the usual stuff then take the stuff on the dressers and put it in the drawers - I don't usually stick to jobs. I haven't cleaned my room in 2 weeks.

Also, for your viewing pleasure, here is a picture of me from kindergarten. The blond boy pictured directly below was a total jerk who used to color on my pictures.

7 comments:

Kathy Haynie said...

Wow. Your 5th grade journal is WAY more insightful and interesting than my elementary school journal. All 5 entries. Thanks for sharing.

Lisa Lou said...

Did you like Bryan Buske? He looks cute.
This is a great idea for a blog post. You probably have some great journal entries!

Patricia said...

Oh my goodness! I want to read more of your journal/next big book.
Thanks, Chris, for finding the journal. Great writing.

Nathan said...

Anna, I like your hair in that picture.

Katie Lewis said...

Anna, you have nice hair.

Also, I really like the line, "I would feel it's some thing from outerspace except for the tangles. They remind me of my room."

Becky said...

Nice! Great idea for a post. I may steal it? But your journal at that age is way more insightful and interesting than mine. Love the picture and your hair. I think I would like your hands...but they are not pictured.

Katie said...

Wow, I hope you did it thoroughly. I may steal this idea too.