Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Sad list

This picture came up when I Googled images of "sad list" so I thought I'd just go with it.


So, I have been thinking for the past few minutes about what I should write about tonight. I kind of want to make a list for this post--I really like lists. I was going to make a list of what I did today, but it wasn't very exciting--though it was a good day. Then I was thinking I could make a list of awesome things about myself. This is always a fun thing for me to do. It turns out-- I am pretty awesome. I mostly like people, but I like myself best. Seriously, I'm so brilliant, and funny, and socially adept interesting.

But, I'm not quite in the mood for a bragalog. So maybe I will do the opposite. A sadalog. [Why is everything so much more fun to say with -alog added to the end of it? Holocaustalog. (I almost deleted that because I thought some people might find it offensive but then I remembered I have no Jewish friends. Not on purpose, I just don't know any Jews. {Maybe I'd have Jewish friends if I didn't make jokes about the Holocaust.})]

So anyway, I don't know if this is a good idea but here is a list of things I've failed at.

Driving stick
The math portion of the GRE
Basketball tryouts in high school
Putting on eye shadow
Rolling my Rs (super embarrassing since I've learned Spanish, Greek, and am now trying to learn German)
Cartwheels
Not yelling at my children
Going to the temple regularly
Breastfeeding*
Making my bed


Oh man. This is too hard. I know this list is small and boring, but I keep writing stuff and then deleting it because I DON'T WANT ANYONE TO KNOW! I don't recommend making a list like this. I just feel like I have all these mediocre depressing secrets now. Also, I think I should try more daring things because even my depressing fails are kind of boring.

*I have since succeeded at breastfeeding, but I failed after 2 months with Sophie. By the way, breastfeeding is something so natural that does not come so naturally.

3 comments:

Becky said...

Well, you still make sad things sound hilarious. I stole your knock knock joke idea and I just may steal this idea too. You're so funny and clever. Oh wait you don't recommend it...maybe I won't. It's true...I'm thinking of ALL the things I could type and I DON'T WANT ANYONE TO KNOW! ;-)

BTW you are WAY more adventurous than I would be living in a foreign country. SUCCESS!

Bryan Lewis said...

I am just glad you closed all your brackets.

(It is so annoying and frustrating to see an un-closed parentheses.

Katie Lewis said...

1. Way to use the brackets. And the curvy things. I don't think I have ever seen those used correctly. And it drives me crazy that there are several craft bloggers that think they're just there for {decoration}. I read their posts and I think {idiot}.

2. It is so funny to me that you can't roll your Rs. Because, hello!, you grew up in Spanish-speaking countries! Haha.

3. You make me so happy. Haha.